It's Because of Our Teachers
Eton Academy's caring educational professionals create a place where students find that they can learn, regain their self-confidence and succeed in school. Ask any student, "Why do you like Eton?" and the usual answer is, "Because of the teachers!"
- Skillfully accommodate all learning styles, addressing each in their classroom.
- Are consistent.
- View education as more than academics, incorporating social and emotional development as part of the teaching process. At Eton, you will hear teachers say aloud, "Teachable moments exist everywhere."
- Provide a safe, supportive atmosphere in which students can learn. Helping students build self-esteem, self-awareness and self-advocacy.
- Are innovative and creative thinkers.
- Are excellent communicators, working together with parents to ensure a positive partnership. Communication tools include weekly progress reports, phone calls home, emails, semester comments, biannual conferences and more.)
Combining Training, Technique and Caring
Each teacher is specially trained in:
- Teaching based on neurodevelopmental profiles, Schools Attuned by Dr. Mel Levine
- Cross-curricular, all-school and consistent literacy skill building, Language!TM and Step-Up-to-Writing
Yet, what sets Eton teachers apart is their ability to deliver lessons in a way that connects with students. Feeling challenged, yet supported and cared for, is how each teacher aims to have students depart their classes, every day.
In Their Words, Teachers Talk About Eton
"Eton is a community where everyone is important and receives the very best treatment. Students, parents, teachers, and staff are all treated with respect. It is an honor to be part of such a magical institution." ~Mrs. Trotter, Literacy Teacher
"We don't rush kids here. We give them time to learn in a variety of ways, allowing them to achieve mastery." ~Mrs. Levy, Lower School Teacher
"It is like a big family where everyone knows and understands one another." ~Mr. Monacelli, Upper School Teacher
"I love the small class size at Eton. This gives me the opportunity to really get to know each student on a deeper level and to build a relationship with the whole family." ~ Mrs. Marchand, Middle School Teacher
"It is the greatest sense of accomplishment that a teacher can experience -- to know that you have made a difference and to watch a child with low self-esteem blossom into a self-confident young adult." ~Ms. Bloom, Upper School Teacher
"Eton is the perfect fit for someone like me -- a passionate, caring individual who empathizes with the underdog." ~Mrs. Vollmayer, Upper School Teacher