Lower School Student is Head of School for the Day
Learn how Kendall Spread Kindness
Kendall, an Eton Lower School student, had the opportunity to spend the day as Head of School, an experience that infuses leadership development and taking in the ideas of the student to impact the entire school. Winning students spend time planning out the day with Mr. Pullen, and his assistant, Ms. Denise Saccaro, to ensure it is filled with some whole-school fun, and some leadership opportunities for each student to grow in their education.
Kendall had several ideas that she wanted to bring to her day "to spread kindness EVERYWHERE." She handed out ice cream and popsicles, granted the entire school 10 minutes of extra recess, and developed some "school rules" to help promote kindness across each division.
Additional plans included a behind-the-scenes tour of the school, leadership work with Mr. Pullen, and learning about the history of Eton.
Kendall wanted to share five ways everyone can "spread kindness like confetti" in their own lives:
1) Helping people cross the street if they need help.
2) If someone falls, you can help them up.
3) Apologize if you hurt someone's feelings, and you can do this no matter how much time has passed.
4) Hug your friends and family.
5) Show others appreciation for what they do for you by saying thank you!