Secondary Teacher - Science and/or Math
Eton Academy, an independent school dedicated to educating different learners, is seeking dynamic teachers with a passion for learning and the ability to provide top quality instruction for our students. The teacher will be creative in their approach to teaching, genuinely kind as part of their personality, have a passion for learning that can be shared with students daily, and a desire to utilize technology in the classroom to improve instruction.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate instructional strategies which promote engagement in the curriculum and cultivate a friendly and supportive environment that is conducive to learning in and out of a classroom setting.Qualifications
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- A Teaching Certificate and must have completed student teaching or an approved internship
- Elementary or Secondary plus a core content area endorsement
- Outstanding instructional skills, presentation skills, communication skills, and organizational skills
- Genuine interest, belief, and care for students’ personal and academic success
- Ability to motivate, support, and challenge students in a student-centered community
- Commitment to professional growth and a desire to continuously improve
- A positive mindset and a drive for personal excellence
- A strong sense of professional responsibility as well as personal accountability for student achievement
- Creativity combined with the ability to understand and use data to develop engaging learning strategies
Teach, coach, counsel, supervise, and care about the students, work in partnership with parents, advocate and
promote the school, work collegially with administrators and fellow faculty and staff, and grow professionally. This includes before school and after school related meetings that fall outside of the regularly scheduled hours.
- Understand and implement all aspects of the Eton Approach(r) and participate in all related training;
- Possess expertise in a core content area;
- Create a flexible program and provide an environment favorable to individualized learning and personal growth for students;
- Protect and use instructional and advisory time to its fullest
- Use multi-sensory explicit, systematic instruction
- Daily lesson plans for all students using thoughtful lesson planning
- Report on student progress
- Review and understand student profiles
- Attend and contribute to Division meetings
- Establish effective rapport with students;
- Motivate students to develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge to provide a good foundation for life, in accordance with each student’s ability;
- Establish good relationships and communication with parents and participate in parent-teacher conferences;
- Establish good working relationships other faculty/staff members;
- Continuously remain open to learning new LD strategies/programs to prepare different learners for success;
- Adhere to all policies in the Eton Handbook.
Visit our website at www.etonacademy.org to learn more about our school located in Birmingham, Michigan.
Eton Academy advocates and values diversity in all of our programs and employment. Eton Academy is an Equal
How to Apply: Please forward your resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com